Saturday, May 07, 2005

I can hear the Big Ben ringing!

Two days ago I farewell my beloved Toronto and all my friends. Now here I am - in London! Wow. No doubt I'm excited to be here. It's a WHOLE lot different from the North American culture that I'm used to. Getting off the bus without saying thank you to the drivers, absence of Tim Hortons on the streets, always well-dressed people, more architechal buildings, and of course the British accent! Everything seemed to be so weird and strange for me in the first place. But now that i've been here for nearly two days things get way better. Still - it takes some time to get used to everything. I still have trouble reminding myself not going downstairs when I see SUBWAY. That subway never gets me home but to the street right across. Or if not, I get frustrated when people don't understand me, or when I don't understand them. :-/

But all these just won't prevent me from enjoying myself in London! Never!I'm lucky to have pleasant weather. It was sunny yesterday and we only have a few showers this afternoon... not too bad!

I'm not sure if I can update my blog regularly from now on. But I'll definitely do so as far as I'm able to. And if you wanna keep in touch with me during these 3 months, you're most welcome to email me (I love hearing from anyone of you and i promise to reply ;-) ).

Okay, this is a really short update but i hope at least you'll know where on earth I'm now and what I'm doing lately.

Hop to catch you back later!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wowee! London!

We have a definite lack of Tim Hortons here in AL, too. Is it a coffee/doughnut shop?

I hope you have time to keep your blog updated. I love coming here and reading about where you are...you are such a descriptive writer.