Monday, May 02, 2005

A quick update

Finally I moved out from Bethune two days ago. It took me nearly two days to clear up my room and pack everything. As I was throwing out everything, I realized I’ve got so much useless and silly stuff, which made me question why I brought them along with me in the first place. Clothes that I knew I would never wear, books that I knew I would never read, cell phone that I knew I would not use probably, and other little thingy that I knew I would never use or even notice. After a whole morning of struggles, I’ve decided to throw some of them away. Why bother spending few bucks shipping back stuff that you know you would never use? It just isn’t worth it!

I moved into Satoko’s place yesterday. These guys Jeff, Dennis, and Takashi are just awesome! Moving in wasn’t such a hassle as I expected. Two trips and all our stuff were right there. It just took us an afternoon to unpack everything. We got up at 8 (which was unusually early) to wait for their coming as they said they would come by early in the morning. It was 9:30am and still there was no sign that they were coming. Then Satoko got the phone call from them. Having told that they would arrive at around 10, we went grab some coffee. 10. Still didn’t hear from them… few minutes later we were told that they forgot the way and got lost… =.=”

10 sth. Finally they were here!!! And guess what? They’ve got 2 cars!!! We were just surprised. My friend and I were looking at each other, probably thinking the very same thing- guys you’re awesome! I love you!!! So they helped us to move all the stuff into the car and then unload them. Two trips and we were done!

This afternoon I just met up Can and Nway before I left. It was so much fun talking to Nway. She’s such a cute girl. She’s just back from London. Ugh- she said the British accent kills her! Every time when she’s in England, it takes her FOREVER to get used to the accent ‘cause whenever she ordered for food in restaurants, people could immediately spot her American accent and said they didn’t understand American English. Gosh- I hope I can get by with my English there… Still British English proves to be a bit challenging for me to understand. It may take me quite a while. I hope they wont be too harsh toward my rather North American English... *rolls eyes*

I’ve got bunches of stuff that I wanted to talk about. But now my mind just goes blank as I tried to recall what I’ve been doing and my feelings along the way. The only thing I can tell is- now I start to panic! Having no idea of where I’m staying few days later, I realize that it takes up far more effort, hard-work, and energy to plan a trip myself. Now I feel I’m left with my own devices and I’m completely freaked out! But I know panicking gets me to nowhere and all I need is to stay cool. Decision made. There’s no way for me to turn it back and things are going on as the way they are, better or worse.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, practice your rusty French, get a pair of durable sneakers, and get into good shape- there’s a WHOLE lot ahead of me this summer~

2 comments:

Christina said...

I want to congratulate you on ridding yourself of junk! It's one of the best feelings in the world to, ever so often, go through your things and declutter. You find out that you don't really need very much at all. You enjoy the few things you have much more instead of having waaay too much to enjoy and take care of. I love the feeling of taking things I'm not using and bagging them up to give to the thrift store where other people will get use out of them.

I heard a song on the radio recently that I love:

Loving things like you has wrecked my life, made me cry
Loving things like you has made me lose my mind
And I can't figure out why I've been hanging on
To all these things I've tried to leave behind me for so long

And I think it's time to find a better way to live my life
Than loving all those things that keep me wrapped so tight

Everyone wants everyone else's eveything
Sometimes the more we have the less we really gain
I'm tired of life and all that money has to buy
Get out of my heart, out of my mind, leaving you behind...

Anonymous said...

I just moved few months ago and I was amazed how much crap I kept. I threw so much stuff away. There were old movie tickets, photos, even coupons that expired before prohibition. It was nice to know that I got rid of them, like got rid of my baggae.