Monday, February 14, 2005

It's been a real long day!

Too many thoughts on my mind right now... i know I'm kind of disorganized, but ...forget it!

So here I am in Killen, Alabama!! Can't believe I would ever come visit this small town in my entire life-- but I am here now!! Nashville is impressive to me, esp when the plane landed. It just looks so much alike as what I used to see in films!!! No skyscrapers, don't see streams of traffic, people, or large billboards... just houses and cars and highways, on an extensive piece of greeny. A couples of small lakes. And Killen is another peaceful small town.

It's a starry night! As Maury was driving us back here, i was amazed to see so many stars up in the sky!!! They indeed bring much light to my time here! :-)

And I have my friend Christina! It's SO SO good to see her! The 3 hour drive just flew away as we talked all along our way! I can't wait to see and experience what her life is! You know, esp after she got married! :-) I expect there would be much fun!

Rainy days seem to be no stranger to me. In my memory, it was always raining on the day when I had a flight. Sometimes just showers, sometimes it pours, the most scariest was typhoon. The torrents of rain was still vivid to me... But coincidently, it's always sunny when I got to another side of the planet-- a bright start! Not bad!

Everything went just so smoothly! I'm glad that God worked everything out! The only thing was I forgot to take out my laptop from my checked baggage. The bag was nearly on its way to the plane when I realized it! So I had to go back to the airline counter and asked if they could return the bag to me. I had waited for like half an hour before I got it back. I was so anxious-- I can't afford to have my laptop damaged, you know?! Then I had to go thru all the customs and security checks again! I was only relieved when I still had time to read Toronto Star... what a crisis... it virtually ruined everything ... praise the Lord that it didn't.

Christina obviously has totally different habits from mine. It's not even 11 and they 're already in bed! I know it's been a tiring day but you know me-- i just wont go to bed right away(which is why I'm still up writing my journal)! But it's good to see how the way she lives differ from mine. I'm not sure if it's too early to draw such a conclusion... haha... Christina and me are like a contrast!

For the first time in my life, I have such a strong feeling that -- I'm a big city girl ... and I'm so used to city life! Our upbringing is so different that the way we see things are so much influenced by it!

I guess I'm more used to be surrounded by different races and ethnicities back in Toronto. I felt a bit of uncomfortable being gazed on the plane. I think it's probably 'cause I'm one of the few Asians on the plane... just feel weird... It's more "white" here in the South, except that there're a whole bunch of Hispanics.


I've said this piece of entry was a bit disorganized...so much to say, so much to be grateful for, so much to look forward to!

No comments: