Friday, March 11, 2005

Old is Strong!

It was an evening full of accidents~~~

Kathy and Dave were about to set off to pick me up on campus. But as Kathy drove the car out of the garage, Dave got stuck!!! in the ... garage?! That was already around six and so Kathy had to leave him in the garage to pick me and another girl up first! Oh well, i guess he was there for nearly half of an hour before his son, Matt, came help pulling the door...

After Kathy has picked us up, she decided to go back to and see how Dave was doing. As we were heading to their house, a man who was driving suddenly switched the lane. We later found that somebody else was trying to switch the lane and so the old gentleman turned to our lane ... and he didn't see our car! I guess he probably just moved to another lane without checking his blindspot ...

BANG!

I saw the side mirror band of our car nearly bend and the crush seemed to be so strong! Shocking! We got out of the car and checked. There was bruise but it's intact(!!!) while the side mirror of the man's car was broken! His car is obviously younger than Kathy's ... we're fortunate ...

I guess Dave and Kathy would have to look for some other ways if they want a new car(not this kind of minor accident)-- 'cause their car has proven that--

Old is strong!!!

***

It was impressive to see the band from Trinity International University perform tonight. Consider the fact that most of them are NOT music majors, their performance definitely deserved our two thumbs up! As Kathy and Dave are hosting one of the students, I had a chance to talk to Adrienne. She's graduating in May this year. Asking about what she's gonna do -- surprised to learn that -- she's getting married!!! Right after she's graduated!!! They(of course "they". It's her and her fiancee) 've planned to go for a honeymoon, then move to Northern Chicago before she finds a job in teaching! Wow-- getting married at the age of 20 or something is still a shocking thing for me! My friend Christina got married last year. I was like-- what?! are you serious?oh man you must be kidding! you're out of mind ... hold on-- what did you just say? ... Oh so you're getting married ... in May! (It took me ages before I came to accept the fact that she was marrying a man whom I've never heard her talk about! All my responses to her were like ... delayed reaction)

Well well anyhow, I would rather work for a few years before I get married. Not that I'm the type of career-oriented young woman, it's just I would never imagine how it's like to be getting married right after I've graduated from college! I must be crazy if I did that ...

4 comments:

Nikman Shah said...

True2... I myself would take at least 1 or 2 years after university life to get married. Not only becoz I don't have anybody right now (haha!), but also becoz I'd like to accumulate a little bit of wealth for myself first.

KarLOhTah_c said...

To accumulate wealth ... for your WEDDING ?! :-p

I still don't understand why it can take a year for some people to prepare for their weddings ...

Wedding in that sense ... seems to be an endless list of procedures, which is not reli enjoyable ...

Nikman Shah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikman Shah said...

Ohoo! U got me wrong there carlotta. Nope. Not for my wedding, but for my life after the wedding. I don't mind not making the wedding too grand. A simple event would be enough for me. Well at least that's my opinion. I don't know how my future bride's plans for it are. :P

But what's more important for me is to have enough money to move to a new house (I don't wanna stay with my parents after I marry!), to be prepared financially to support bringing kids to this world, etc. You get the idea... :P