Thursday, March 17, 2005

Random thoughts

I've just heard a piece of tragic news from my friend, Taina* - her Russian friend died! :-(
Her friend's body was found outside a metro station of St. Petersburg few days ago. Police investigation was still under way but the prelimilary examination of the body suggested that it might have been a murder. Shocking!!! The last time when I encountered somebody's death was ... a decade ago, when my math teacher in elementary school died of cancer.

I can imagine how my friend's in anguish at this point ... Think of her losing another friend who died in a car accident two years ago ... I'm just as shocked as she is!!! It's so hard to understand why such a thing happens and takes away one's life unexpectedly. Other than condolences, I reli don't know what I can say to my friend ... Life is so vulnerable ...

***

Like what I've said, my heart has been unsettled since I was back from the States. I hope I'm not going over the edge ...

Time for me to pause and think.

I need a break.

Perhaps I can come back refreshed and recharged, with a clue of what to do next!


* Taina's a friend of mine in Finland

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You're right, that's schoking. We don't expect people to die when they're in good health.
I rememember, when I was about 13 years old, my biology teacher died. She was young so we never thought she'd died, but one evening as she was going back home in her car, she (she and the car) got roll over by a truck, her car has been completely destroyed and she died right away.
On the morning, the pupils arrived at school, and we waited for her to arrive, when anotherteacher came to us, nearly crying, and told us that she wasn't going to come because she was dead. We were all devastated.