Monday, March 28, 2005

Unexpected. Unknown. Undecided.

Remarks: this entry is a bit messy. Like what i"ve said, SO much has been going on here. Kinda lose the sense of time. I wish I could explain everything more clearly but unfortunately I can't!

Unexpected. My classmate in French class, Nway, told me that I could stay with her friend if I couldn't find a place to stay! I have done a wide range of research about hostels in London, but it turned out that I have to expect spending like 30 or sth(Oh man Canadian dollars) for a night- which is sth I can't afford( given the fact that I'm already at the edge of bankrupcy!!;-p just kidding!) So it helps a WHOLE LOT to have free accomodation for a few days~~~

Unknown. Haven't mentioned much about my Spanish friend, Susana, inviting me and other girls to stay with her family during X'mas last year. Well, bad timing. I have already had plans for X'mas before she even asked. Plus I thought it would be a pity not to be able to travel to other countries whilst in Valencia. But she has been urging me to come to Spain since then. More than ... I forgot how many times. She's been so enthusiastic to invite people coming over to her home city! Girl she's so proud of her country and culture! :-) This afternoon as we talked, as usual, she urged me to stop by Spain if I ever travel in Europe. I told her my tentative plan and I sort of asked if it was okay to stay with her.

Well, here I have to trace back to a conversation with Rosita before Reading week. She has got a free ticket to Barcelona when purchasing the plane ticket to Helsinki, so she would go to Barcelona this summer. For sure. Since both of us don't have companion to travel this summer, we kind of had an idea that we might be able to meet up somewhere there and travel together(which I knew was super super crazy~). We talked a bit but again-- bad timing! For she would be in Oulu until late May and I would have left for Toronto by then. It's not gonna work out. Forget about it, I thought.

About two weeks ago she told me about the summer program in Lyon and both of us decided to take it. So the idea of traveling around with her came forth again. Now having Sus offering us accomodation, the hope reignites! BUT have to talk to Rosi. Don't know if our schedules are compatible in this case ...

Undecided. I've just got a letter from Taina. It was neat to hear that I could go stay with her in Helsinki for a week or sth. BUT now I've had a rough idea of where I'm going, this free offer of accomodation seems to be more than enough. Helsinki ... I DO wanna go visit her. It would be so much fun! Yet it would cost me another hundred bucks for a plane ticket to get there. What's more, it's highly inconvenient to fly in and out of Helsinki before getting to the heart of Europe. Sigh! What should I do???

Overcoming mounts of redtapes

What redtape? It's the business of the coming academic year. As I'm applying for school residence, summer program, college scholarship etc... a new round of email inquiries about application forms, deadlines, supporting documents, academic copies, and teacher's recommendation has just started! I've been glued to my laptop, or if not, the computer at lab, since two weeks ago! Frankly I'm experienced in this area as these are what I did last year. Yet I'm pissed off to have to wait for those people to get back to me 'cause of the opposite time-zones!

I'm with Rosi, "Exchange is still so busy!"

Yea you bet. Who said it's a year of lay-back life when going on exchange?

No one is immune to those tedious procedures.

As it heads toward the end of this term, everything is just the beginning of an end!

No comments: