Friday, January 14, 2005

When friends meet friends

Have been thinking about her for long...
I eventually couldn't resist Christina any longer!
I gave her a call this afternoon!!!

Hehe... one never runs out of topics when talking to an old friend!

Christina is exactly that type of friend--we have SO much to talk about! The conversation this afternoon never runs dry.

Her staying in house and doing the chores...
Going grocery with family at weekend...
Cooking Columbian food...
Having bought a real awful Chinese sauce in Walmart (she asked for my advice~~)...
Being a (smart) housewife and raise children...
My life in Toronto...
My winter break at NY and Boston...
English accent of Southerners...
Her progress in learning Spanish and once saying sth offensive to others...
Men (attention--not boys!)...
Loneliness and struggles we both felt throughout these years...
and of course --- her Columbian husband( I can see it's really hard for her not to talk about him all the time)!

I guess we will just keep talking when we see each other! ;-) We both have so much to tell each other! She has lost touch with a lot of her friends since she got married. Not that she doesn't wanna meet her friends, but that people thinksince she's married, she's busy. I felt much encouraged when she said my effort in writing her has made her to feel I didn't give her up! Now she feels she's one of my closest friends.

Not giving her up... I actually didn't realize what i did mean that much to her! But I guess it's 'cause of the love I once felt from others when I thought "This is just not the way it is . Or that doesn't work out! I just give it up!" Those little words gave me the reason to believe--that my presence matters to them. Their little act turned to be BIG in restoring my faith to believe that.

"The demons love darkness and hiddenness. Inner fears and struggles which remain isolated develop great power over us. But when we talk about them in a spirit of trust, then they can be looked at and dealt with. Once brought into the light of mutual love, demons lose their power and quickly leave us."

This is why I think men need human fellowship, besides fellowship with a greater divine God.

***

P.S. We both found our voices surprised each other. She doesn't have a strong accent, as I thought most Southerners do, while she thinks I'm just like a foreigner who seems to have spent long time in the north like NY (speaking pretty fast, clear)! Interesting...


No comments: