Monday, April 18, 2005

Best day trip ever!

I'm glad that I eventually made it to go to Niagara Falls again. I was there last year, but it wasn't a really pleasant experience - awful weather, limited time to shop around and everybody was freezing to death.

That was my worst trip ever!

This morning, Jeff picked us up at school and after an hour of bus, we arrived at Niagara Falls.Today- a mix of sun and cloud. Temp 22 degrees. Gentle wind. Nice weather! :-)

Passing through a mall, we went down a slope and headed to the ticket booth of the observation deck Skylon Tower. Being at the top of Skylon, we enjoyed a panoramic view of the Falls and its neighboring areas. It was my first time to see it in that way as I didn't have have time to go up the tower last time. Nothing can put my eyes off the view. I looked at the Falls in awe, wondering how many times must I see it before I get fed up with it - Maybe never!

Then we went further down and passed by Niagara Park. Standing at the bow, I could feel the mist lightly spray my face, which I thought bringing me a bit closer to the Falls. While not exceptionally high, Niagara Falls is wide, and by far the most voluminous waterfall in North America. I could sense the vast power as I heard the cascading water rumbling. There's magic in it! The Maid of the Mist cruises didn't run today, so we couldn't have a ride on it. Or else I could have a real vis-à-vis experience with one of the natural wonders of the world like I did last time!

So we strolled along the sidewalk, took pictures, sometimes stopped for a while to just look long at the Falls. We went window-shopped before heading back to the bus stop. My feet hurt a bit after so much walking today. In the evening we had dinner at my favorite Korean restaurant at Finch. We chatted, joked around, laughed, and ate! Nice meal. Nice friends. Nice chat. A perfect day trip!

I appreciate much for Jeff's help. He IS like our mom today, picking us up, preparing food and drinks, and entertaining us all the time. It was so much fun. As we were free from the bondage of time, we had greater flexibility today. We took time to see, to feel, and to sense everything. My conclusion after so many trips is that it is totally AWFUL to join any types of package tour. I hate the idea of being deprived of my freedom to choose what to do in a trip. Words will not do justice to the experience I had in all those awesome trips I went by myself.

This is my best day trip ever!




A panoramic view from Skylon

No comments: